The School of Humanity & Awareness [SoHA] and it's staff are not psychologists, and awareness/consciousness training should in no way be considered substitute for psychological or medical treatment. SoHA will not work with clients SoHA decides are not within its scope of practice.
As with any alternative methodology, you should take the time to familiarize yourself with the structure and standards of this practice to avoid assumption and/or misinterpretation of the experience.
SoHA follows a strict code of ethics concerning privacy and confidentiality. We will under no circumstance discuss any part of a clients session, make appointments for friends or family members, or disclose information regarding client participation without written permission.
The following is the informed consent agreement you will be asked to sign before seeing SoHA practitioners or attending SoHA courses:
Informed Consent Agreement
- I understand that the practitioners and courses at SoHA only provide assistance toward well-being and/or greater awareness of Self. I understand that these courses, sessions and alternative therapies are designed for those clients and students with healthy, stable psyches who desire to embrace change.
- I understand my session or course is not a substitute for psychotherapy or medical care of any kind.
- I am thoroughly informed as to what alternative therapy is, and I understand that it is my responsibility to ask questions if I am in any way unclear about these services or courses.
- I assume responsibility for my actions while in session, or in courses, and will not attempt to hold SoHA, any practitioner, or management, liable for my behavior.
- I understand that this work is not psychotherapy or medical care, and that I may experience intense and unusual psychological, spiritual, and/or physical states resulting from this course, session or alternative therapy.
- I hereby take responsibility for consulting with my doctor or psychologist (regarding any emotional, physical, or mental condition) prior to participating in any session, therapy or course at SoHA.
- I understand that I may be asked to leave the session, course, and/or SoHA at any time, for any reason by of SoHA staff or owners. I understand that it is the prerogative of SoHA’s staff, practitioners and directs to determine my state of mind/being at any given time with regard to my presence at SoHA. If at any time, it is determined that I am not within the scope of practice, or exhibiting behavior not conducive to coursework or therapy at SoHA, I may be referred to a medical doctor or asked to leave the premises immediately.
I have read the following Cancellation Policy, and agree to its terms:
- 24-hour notice of cancellation for any scheduled appointment is required except in emergency.
- If I cancel the day of my appointment, I will be charged for the full session.
- If I am more than 20 minutes late without notification, this will be considered a cancellation.
- SoHA reserves the right to refuse service to clients who have consistently missed appointments and/or who have consistently been late for set appointments.